21-year-old man arrested in grandfather’s violent death

23 Dec 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »


A 21-year-old man who called 911 early Tuesday to report that he’d killed his grandfather was booked into Kitsap County Jail on investigation of first-degree murder. Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Scott Wilson said the young man surrendered around 2 a.m., moments after deputies arrived at a home in the Rocky Point neighborhood, just outside of Bremerton. After the stabbing, he went to his room for about an hour and began “talking with strangers” on an Internet site called “sociopath-community.com,” describing what he had done, then listened to music before calling 911, according to court documents.

Deputies responded to the 2000 block of NW Shamrock Drive, an incorporated section of Rocky Point in West Bremerton, and found the grandfather dead in a bedroom. The grandfather was identified as 92-year-old Hurene Bradley Jackson, according to the statement, which says an autopsy will be performed in order to determine Jackson’s cause of death. A friend of the family, Lonnie Silva, told the Kitsap Sun on Tuesday that Hap Jackson was a Navy veteran and a retiree from the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard who was active with the American Legion and loved his family. As Sheriff’s Office detectives conducted their initial examination of the victim, they “observed multiple injuries consistent with knife wounds,” a news release said. Willie Jackson told the investigators he had two knives in his hand when he approached his grandfather and asked whether he wanted to die slow and painfully or quickly.

On his first attempt to stab his grandfather, Willie Jackson said a wallet in his grandfather’s shirt pocket stopped the blade, which he said was an opportunity to stop the assault. Not including Willie Jackson, who has not been charged, two people in Kitsap County have been charged with murder in 2015, one person charged with solicitation to murder — which was dismissed — and two homicides that have not resulted in an arrest. Investigators noted that Willie Jackson started to “choke up” at this point in the interview and said he “wanted it to be over,” so he stabbed Hap Jackson again. The death penalty remains in state law, however, and Enright said prosecutors will make a decision whether to seek it after a full investigation by detectives.

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site