Bunny Friend Park shooting suspect arrested on word of single witness …

1 Dec 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Documents: Witness statement, photo ID led to arrest of man accused in playground shooting.

NEW ORLEANS — Court papers show that a witness’s statement and photo identification led to an arrest in a playground shootout that wounded 17 people. A 32-year-old man was charged with 17 counts of attempted first-degree murder over the weekend after he allegedly opened fire on a New Orleans playground on Nov. 22, PEOPLE confirms. Joseph Allen turned himself into police Saturday after they released his picture to the public and announced the charges against him, according to the New Orleans Police Department. Police said that at least two groups of people began shooting at each other across the playground, injuring 17 individuals who were caught in the crossfire.

Photos of the scene showed emergency workers wheeling some of the wounded to ambulances on gurneys while other people who appeared to be in pain lay on the ground. Police believe that several others were involved in the shooting and are asking the public to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111 or 504-658-6050 with any information. One said the shooting “sounded like New Year’s Eve all over again.” The paper reported that multiple witnesses saw a man with a silver machine gun fleeing the scene, but noted that the shooting continued as the man ran away. The Times-Picayune reports, citing Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office records, Allen is a convicted felon and has previously been charged with home invasion, carjacking, illegal carrying of a weapon and possession of cocaine and heroin.

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site