Employee Dorm Fire Kills 1, Injures 4 in Grand Teton

31 Jul 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Fire in park kills one.

MOOSE, WY — One person died and four others were injured during an early morning structural fire at the Grand Teton Lodge Company’s Colter Bay employee dormitory in Grand Teton National Park. The first responders used fire extinguishers to suppress the blaze before fully-equipped park and county fire response teams arrived shortly after the call.

Approximately 70 people were evacuated from the two-story dormitory building and all were assessed for injuries and/or smoke inhalation by park EMS providers. Although CPR was initiated on the unresponsive person—and paramedics continued CPR for nearly one hour—efforts to revive him proved unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead at the scene. Those additional fire resources were: Engine 1 from Moose HQ campus located 20 miles away; Engine 41 and Tender 47 from Station 4, located 10 miles away at Moran Junction; and Ladder Truck 16 from Jackson, located 35 miles away.

While most rooms were not affected by the fire, residents of the facility were temporarily housed in other locations as a safety precaution for the remainder of the evening. This incident was handled by multiple firefighting personnel and equipment and resources, which minimized spread to adjacent structures and nearby forested areas.

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site