Ex-Millis cop accused of hoaxes found dead

27 Nov 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Ex-Millis cop accused of fake bomb threat, shootout found dead.

A former Millis police officer — indicted last week for allegedly making a hoax bomb threat and faking a shootout — was found dead in his home before dawn on Thanksgiving Day, authorities said. The Norfolk district attorney’s office said in a statement that Bryan Johnson, 24, was pronounced dead early Thursday after being found in his Millis home. On November 19, a Norfolk County grand jury issued six indictments against Johnson, including new charges stemming from a false bomb threat at Millis High School the same day he is alleged to have staged a shootout with a non-existent motorist.

Johnson was indicted by a grand jury on Nov.19 on six charges, including calling a bomb threat to a school, misleading a criminal investigation and making a false police report. The officer, who was hired in June, told cops he was ambushed with gunfire during a shootout, and crashed his police cruiser into a tree and caught fire in September. “There is no gunman at large in or around the town,” Millis Police Sgt.

According to prosecutors, on Sept. 2, Johnson fired his personal firearm into his own department-issued SUV before telling police that a man in a pickup truck opened fire on his vehicle. On September 2, Johnson’s bomb claim forced local residents to stay inside and schools went into lockdown while authorities launched an area-wide manhunt, reported the Boston Herald. William Dwyer said at the press conference in September. “Our main reason for coming out here so quickly was to make sure the public knew they were safe.” Involved in the search were about 20 state police troopers and detectives, a helicopter, armored cars and more than 50 heavily armed officers from the Metropolitan Law Enforcement Council. Johnson continues to enjoy the constitutional presumption of his innocence, we believe the scope of the conduct alleged here makes Superior Court the appropriate venue,” Norfolk District Attorney Michael W.

Investigators said the young officer later confessed he had shot the cruiser himself three times, gotten into the vehicle, and blacked out before crashing into the trees. Johnson’s alleged actions shut down the town of Millis, closing schools for a day and triggering a massive search for the alleged shooter by heavily armed police. The alleged incidents happened less than three weeks after Millis selectmen voted unanimously to make Johnson a permanent member of the Millis Police Department.

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site