How real-life horror visited ‘rock star’ ghost hunters, dead in alleged murder …

24 Sep 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Ghost-hunting reality show couple found dead after standoff.

THE bodies of a man and woman found in a barricaded apartment by police investigating an earlier Reno homicide were an estranged husband and wife who appeared as ghost hunters in the television show ‘Ghost Adventures’. “Ghost Adventures” top ghost hunting and paranormal investigators Mark and Debbie Constantino were found dead inside a Sparks, Nevada apartment on Tuesday. Reno police continued their investigation Wednesday but released few new details about the chain of events that led to Tuesday’s deaths of Mark and Debby Constantino in the Sparks apartment several hours after the killing of another man in Reno. Mark Constantino and his wife Debby, who were estranged, were tracked to the Reno residence after another unidentified man was found dead at Debby’s home.

The Constantinos were featured in recent years on the Travel Channel’s series, including episodes shot at the Mustang Ranch brothel east of Reno, the Goldfield Hotel and the Market Street Cinema in San Francisco. “The subjects involved in this incident were not shot at or injured by gunfire from any law enforcement personnel,” he said in an email to The Associated Press. Police said that Debby Constantino had obtained a restraining order against her estranged husband just one week ago, and the two were scheduled to appear in court in December regarding their pending divorce. The man told the officers, “Give me 15 minutes to gather my thoughts, or I’ll kill her,” Reno Deputy Police Chief Tom Robinson told the newspaper.

On Tuesday, in a tragedy as horrific as any the couple investigated, Mark allegedly killed Debby, another man and himself as the chaotic personal life of the estranged couple unraveled. “They were rock stars,” Jeadene Solberg, the founder of the Northern Nevada Ghost Hunters, told Northern Nevada’s KOLO 8. “If you talk to anybody who is coming into the paranormal, who’ve seen the TV shows, they’ll ask: ‘Do you know the Constantinos? While police have not officially released the cause of death, the couple had a long history of domestic violence, and this wasn’t the first time that Mark Constantino had allegedly kidnapped his soon-to-be ex-wife (the divorce papers were not yet finalized). Have you worked with them?’” “This photo and the next are of me in 1989 in our second apartment in Wayne N.J.,” Debby wrote on the couple’s Web site. “By far the darkest place we have ever lived. USA Today reports that he was arrested in August on suspicion of domestic battery by strangulation, first-degree kidnapping and first-degree domestic battery. You can see what appears to be 3 towers of mist to my left which would be in the front room.” “Debby has the gift of attracting spirits,” the Web site read. “She considers herself born with the natural ability to see, feel and hear spirit.

After attempting unsuccessfully to negotiate with the man, officers were forced to use explosives to blow the door open finding the couple dead inside. She also feels she vibrates on a level to glimpse into the nature realm. … Mark grew up with a strong belief in the Afterlife, but never experienced anything until he met Debby.” “We have been blessed enough to have traveled and investigated some of the most haunted locations in the country with some of the most prominent people in the field,” the Constantinos wrote. “Over the past several years we have been channeling most of our time and effort into receiving EVP on a consistent basis.” “There are a lot of people out there doing paranormal shows,” Debby said in 2008. “They’re a dime a dozen now.

They were accused of strangling her and breaking her nose, and protection orders were issued — an incident that perhaps led the couple to file for divorce on Sept. 10. William Rulle of the Reno police said. “This female is also … a victim, a couple of months ago, of a kidnapping.” Pinging the Constantinos’ cellphones led police to an apartment complex in nearby Sparks, Nev. There, near Sparks High School at his daughter Raquel’s apartment, police said Mark staged a dramatic standoff, firing his gun when they attempted to enter.

Mark was also reportedly in contact with daughter Raquel, who was not at the apartment. “Negotiators were on the phone with him for a significant portion of that time,” Brian Miller, deputy chief of the Sparks Police Department told KOLO 8. “Obviously the major focus of that conversation was for everyone to come out, and for this to end peacefully and for nobody to get hurt.” The wait went on for nearly three hours.

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site