Man Freed After 3 Decades in Prison Calls Moment 'Surreal' | us news

Man Freed After 3 Decades in Prison Calls Moment ‘Surreal’

21 Nov 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

BREAKING: Barry Beach Released from Prison.

Additional requirements contained within the order direct Beach to serve the suspended portion of the sentence on probation under the supervision of the Department of Corrections. After spending more than three decades in the Montana State Prison for a murder he says he didn’t commit, Barry Beach was set to became a free man today, November 20. Bullock did not release a statement about the decision, but the order notes that Beach was 17 years old at the time of the crime and that he has served more than 30 years for a crime that happened when he was a juvenile.

The order also notes that during three decades of incarceration Beach has “maintained a good institutional record,” and during 18 months of freedom in Billings several years ago he “demonstrated that he is capable of living a productive life and respecting society’s rules.” In 2011, a state District Court judge granted Beach a new trial, finding that there was potential new evidence in the case. He spent 18 months living in Billings until, on a 4-3 vote, Supreme Court overturned that ruling and sent Beach back to prison to serve out his sentence.

Bullock’s decision to grant Beach clemency follows a law passed earlier this year by the Montana Legislature which allows the governor to overrule decisions by the Montana Board of Pardons & Parole. He was released on bond and lived and worked in Billings for 18 months, until Montana’s Supreme Court voted 4-3 to overturn the lower court’s order and return Beach to the state prison. Beach filed his latest petition to the Parole Board in October asking to shorten or otherwise commute his sentence, allowing him to be paroled or freed.

Police: Student stabbed at Baltimore high school dies

20 Jan 2016 | Author: | No comments yet »

Police Identify Student Killed In City School Stabbing.

Baltimore police spokesman T.J. The teen had been in class on the third floor of the school building in the 1300 block of McCulloh Street when a sophomore went into the classroom and stabbed him at approximately noon on Tuesday, Nov. 24, police reported. Police said Sunday that investigators are collaborating with the state’s attorney’s office to file additional charges now that the victim has died. Crawford remains in police custody, officials reported. “It’s a tragedy anytime we have someone killed in an act of violence, even moreso when it’s a child.

Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site