Minnesota prosecutor to announce charges after protesters shot near …

30 Nov 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Black Lives Matter sets new tradition in Seattle.

MINNEAPOLIS — The latest in the investigation into the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than a week of demonstrations (all times local): One of five people who was shot and wounded last week outside a Minneapolis police station says he has no plans to stop demonstrating despite pleas from city leaders.MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Officials with the Minneapolis Fire Department say they met with Black Lives Matter protesters Sunday afternoon to talk about safety conditions at the 4th Precinct encampment. While media was blocked from the discussion, it appears nothing has changed outside the north side precinct, where protesters have been living since the Nov. 15 police shooting of Jamar Clark. Police officers guarding the Christmas tree would make flippant remarks that their batons were “dancing sticks” and parents would bemoan not being able to enter the mall – (despite news and press conferences announcing the large protest for the past two days).

They raised concerns about more violence after five protesters were shot there one week ago, and said it’s beginning to have a negative impact on the neighborhood and the entire city. She also says barricades closing a portion of the street in front of the station are impeding access for emergency vehicles and snowplows. “The unintended effect is emergency vehicle traffic can’t go through, the bus can not go through. Either this was a prime example of the thinking of privileged white families from South Charleston or indeed I am mistaken and the reputation of the tree lighting ceremony has reached such a high national reputation whereas expectations of young women and children would make them weep if it is not picture perfect.

An attorney for one of the officers says Clark was not handcuffed, was trying to get an officer’s weapon and “had manual control” of the gun when he was shot. Over the weekend, Chief John Fruetel also talked with protesters about fire hazards and emergency access, with specific concerns about access to Plymouth Avenue. The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, which is investigating the case, says handcuffs were found at the scene but it isn’t clear whether Clark was cuffed at the time of the shooting. Protesters have said they will not leave until video of Clark’s shooting is released. (TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries.

The lawsuit alleges that Dustin Schwarze, who was working as a Richfield police officer, used a stun gun on a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over by officers in Richfield in December 2011.

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site