US Issues Travel Warning in Wake of Attacks

24 Nov 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

America issues worldwide terror alert over fears of attack from ISIS, al-Qaeda and Boko Haram.

“Authorities believe the likelihood of terror attacks will continue as current information suggests that ISIL (aka Da’esh), al-Qa’ida, Boko Haram, and other terrorist groups continue to plan terrorist attacks in multiple regions. ” The US advised its citizens to exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation, especially during the holiday season as the US prepares to celebrate Thanksgiving. “Persons with specific safety concerns should contact local law enforcement authorities who are responsible for the safety and security of all visitors to their host country.” The BBC reports the European country of Belgium has also announced that their capital Brussels will stay alerted for another week for fear of militant attacks like Paris 13 November 2015. WASHINGTON: The United States issued a worldwide travel alert on Monday warning American citizens of “increased terrorist threats” in the wake of the Paris attacks. The report states a similar US alert was put into place twice in 2011 after the death of Osama Bin Laden and on the ten year anniversary of September 11 attacks. New military hardware is “vital” at a time “when the threats to our country are growing”, Cameron said, citing the rise of IS as a major reason for the additional purchases.

The Prime Minister added: “We cannot choose between conventional defences against state-based threats and the need to counter threats that do not recognise national borders. New “attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests,” it said. – AFP

Last month ISIS claimed responsibility for bringing down a Russian passenger jet in Egypt killing all 224 on board using a bomb disguised as a drinks can.

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site