With Attention Fading, Trump Restarts Battle With Fox News | us news

With Attention Fading, Trump Restarts Battle With Fox News

22 Sep 2015 | Author: | No comments yet »

Bill O’Reilly says he could hold his own against Donald Trump in a debate.

Despite Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes’ peace-making efforts with Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate is back on the warpath against the network. ‘I am having a hard time watching Fox News,’ Trump tweeted last night, while giving his take on the O’Reilly Factor. ‘O’Reilly Factor was very negative to me in refusing to post the great polls that came out today including NBC.The New York businessman, whose clash with Fox began after the Aug. 6 Republican presidential debate, later singled out talk show host Bill O’Reilly, tweeting: “Why don’t you have some knowledgeable talking heads on your show for a change instead of the same old Trump haters.” On the Today show Tuesday, O’Reilly told Matt Lauer, “I’ve known Trump a long time.

The Republican frontrunner phoned in to host Greta Van Susteren’s show last night before blasting marquee pundit Bill O’Reilly less than an hour later. O’Reilly asserted that he could stand his ground in any debate because it’s his job to be cognizant of what’s going on and because he is a “solution-driven guy.”

Trump, a frequent “O’Reilly Factor” guest, took issue with the Fox News host’s decision to invite so-called “Trump haters,” conservative commentators Charles Krauthammer, Brit Hume and Rich Lowry on to discuss the campaign’s performance: Trump then went back to his familiar habit of retweeting supporters bashing the network — a move he pulled multiple times following his on-again, off-again feud with Megyn Kelly. When people criticize him, he takes it personally.” “That’s like the worst thing you can give Donald Trump is this tweeting thing,” he said. “I just think this is an extension of his reality show, The Apprentice. He took particular aim on Twitter at hosts Bill O’Reilly and Megyn Kelly, in addition to some of the network’s guests—name checking in particular Rich Lowry, editor of the National Review, who had appeared on Kelly’s show.

The Fox assault continued with Trump name-calling Rich Lowry, a guest on Megyn Kelly’s show – another Fox News host that Trump previously warred with. Those factors notwithstanding, Trump got on Twitter last night during O’Reilly’s show: A review of last night’s edition of “The O’Reilly Factor” indicates what might have made Trump a little bit peeved. This time, Trump redoubled his knock on Kelly for good measure, slamming “The Kelly File” as a “terrible show”: For his part, O’Reilly told “Today” host Matt Lauer that Trump lashes out on Twitter to get attention, casually dismissing the social media missive. “He wants people to like him. Regular “O’Reilly Factor” commentator (and Washington Post columnist) Charles Krauthammer used cable news’ most-watched show to rip into the real estate mogul’s summer offensive: “He has conducted three months of ad hominem attacks on other Republicans.

Boring!” He called Lowry – who has criticized Trump for not going into detail about his plans for the country – “one of the dumbest talking heads—he doesn’t have a clue!” and said of Kelly, “She is the worst—all anti-Trump! O’Reilly, who is promoting his new book ‘Killing Reagan,’ devoted a portion of his interview this morning with Matt Lauer on Today to the Trump Twitter tiff. ‘I think Trump has been good for politics in America, and I’m the only one who says that, everybody else is bashing the hell out of Donald Trump – that’s the chic thing to do,’ he began. ‘But he has engaged people, he has forced them to pay attention, and they are paying attention and that is good for America – pay attention – the country’s in trouble.’ The biting style of attack, of course, is nothing new for the reality host, who frequently takes to Twitter to feud with the media and his GOP rivals – emphasizing to voters that he’s an outsider who doesn’t care what others think of him.

But credit the O’Reilly folks here: The CNN poll was a random-sample survey stemming from telephone interviews with 1,000 adults conducted by ORC Next step is to behold his hypocrisy.

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

About this site