The top 10 best performances by Leonardo DiCaprio
Leonardo DiCaprio is a critically acclaimed actor known for his versatile performances in a wide range of movies. Here are the top 10 best performances by Leonardo DiCaprio:
- The Revenant (2015): In this movie, DiCaprio played the role of Hugh Glass, a fur trapper seeking revenge against those who left him for dead in the wilderness. He won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his powerful portrayal.
- Titanic (1997): DiCaprio played the role of Jack Dawson, a poor artist who falls in love with a wealthy woman on the doomed ship. This iconic performance helped to establish DiCaprio as a Hollywood superstar.
- The Departed (2006): In this crime thriller, DiCaprio played Billy Costigan, an undercover cop trying to take down a Boston mob boss. His intense performance earned him critical acclaim.
- Django Unchained (2012): In this Quentin Tarantino film, DiCaprio played the villainous plantation owner Calvin Candie. He delivered a chilling and captivating performance.
- Catch Me If You Can (2002): DiCaprio played the real-life con artist Frank Abagnale Jr. in this biographical crime film. His charming portrayal of the character made him a fan favorite.
- The Wolf of Wall Street (2013): In this Martin Scorsese film, DiCaprio played Jordan Belfort, a stockbroker who engages in fraudulent activities. His energetic and outrageous performance earned him critical acclaim.
- Blood Diamond (2006): DiCaprio played the role of a smuggler in the midst of the Sierra Leone Civil War who is looking for a rare pink diamond. His portrayal earned him an Oscar nomination for Best Actor.
- What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993): In this drama, DiCaprio played the role of Arnie Grape, a mentally disabled teenager. His moving performance earned him his first Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
- The Aviator (2004): DiCaprio played the real-life billionaire and aviation pioneer Howard Hughes in this biographical drama. His performance earned him an Oscar nomination for Best Actor.
- The Basketball Diaries (1995): In this drama, DiCaprio played the role of Jim Carroll, a high school basketball player who becomes a drug addict. His raw and emotional performance was widely praised.