Like so many musicians of a certain generation, our guests started playing guitar in large part because of the Beatles. Today, Laurence Juber, Mimi Fox, and Tim Sparks each take a different approach to arranging, adapting, reharmonizing, and reimagining these tunes. Tune in for a lively roundtable discussion, chock-full of inspiring musical examples, all about playing the music of the Beatles on acoustic guitar.
- Access Part 2 of this episode on Patreon.
- Visit Laurence Juber’s website. Watch his Acoustic Guitar Sessions performance and pick up a copy of DADGAD Guitar Essentials to take an in-depth lesson with the fingerstyle master.
- Visit Mimi Fox’s website. Watch her perform “Blackbird” for Acoustic Guitar Sessions.
- Visit Tim Spark’s website. Learn how he arranged composer John Zorn’s avant-jazz project Masada for acoustic guitar.
This episode is hosted by Nick Grizzle and Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers, produced by Tanya Gonzalez, and directed and edited by Joey Lusterman. Executive producers are Lyzy Lusterman and Stephanie Campos Dal Broi.
The Acoustic Guitar Podcast is produced by the team at Acoustic Guitar magazine, including:
- Publisher: Lyzy Lusterman
- Editorial Director: Adam Perlmutter
- Managing Editor: Kevin Owens
- Creative Director: Joey Lusterman
- Digital Content Director: Stephanie Campos Dal Broi
- Digital Content Manager: Nick Grizzle
- Marketing Services Manager: Tanya Gonzalez