Image Credit: Larian Studios
Do you want to get the latest gaming industry news straight to your inbox? Sign up for our daily and weekly newsletters here.
The New York Game Awards aired last night, and Larian Studios’ Baldur’s Gate 3 won its top award, the Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year.
This marks the title’s latest accolade, as it’s taken the Game of the Year award at several other events. Other winners at the New York Game Awards include Alan Wake 2, Resident Evil 4 and Hi-Fi Rush.
In addition to Game of the Year, Baldur’s Gate 3 also took home the Herman Melville Award for Best Writing in a Game. Its other Game of the Year trophies include The Game Awards, The Golden Joysticks, The Steam Awards and the Brazil Game Awards. It’s also collected a myriad of other such awards, for RPG experience, character performance and writing across multiple award shows.
Alan Wake 2 also took home two trophies at the New York Game Awards: The Statue of Liberty Award for Best World and Great White Way Award for Best Acting in a Game for Melanie Liburd’s performance as Saga Anderson. Hi-Fi Rush won the Tin Pan Alley Award for Best Music in a Game, while Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake.
Given there are at least three major award shows left this season — the Dice Awards, the BAFTA Game Awards and the Game Developers Choice Awards — Baldur’s Gate 3 could conceivably have a few more wins still to come. It’s nominated for Game of the Year, at both events.
Complete list of winners
- Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year: Baldur’s Gate 3
- Off Broadway Award for Best Indie Game: Chants of Sennar
- Herman Melville Award for Best Writing in a Game: Baldur’s Gate 3
- Statue of Liberty Award for Best World: Alan Wake 2
- Tin Pan Alley Award for Best Music in a Game: Hi-Fi Rush
- Great White Way Award for Best Acting in a Game: Melanie Liburd as Saga Anderson in Alan Wake 2
- Coney Island Dreamland Award for Best AR/VR Game: Asgard’s Wrath 2
- Central Park Children’s Zoo Award for Best Kids Game: Super Mario Bros. Wonder
- A-Train Award for Best Mobile Game: Honkai: Star Rail
- Freedom Tower Award for Best Remake: Resident Evil 4
- Joltin’ Joe Award for Best Esports Player of the Year: Arslan “Arslan Ash” Siddique (Twisted Minds/Red Bull Esports)
- Chumley’s Speakeasy Award for Best Hidden Gem: Slay the Princess
- NYC GWB Award for Best DLC: Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
- Knickerbocker Award for Best Games Journalism: Nicole Carpenter, Polygon
- Andrew Yoon Legend Award Recipient: Neil Druckmann
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. Discover our Briefings.